PE and Sport Premium
At Nether Green Junior School, we believe PE & Sport plays an important role in making our vision statement a reality for every pupil, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better.
We welcomed the Government’s announcement from June 2013 to provide additional funding to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport in Primary Schools, and to continue the increased allocated money through the 2020-21 academic year. We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
Sport Premium Grant
This is additional funding for schools the amount of which is calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils will from 2020 to 2021 receive a lump sum of £16,000 plus an additional payment of £10 per pupil. Here at Nether Green Junior School this equates to around £19,700 per year. In order to get the best value and maximum impact for our children and meet the government guidance it is important we spend the money wisely and plan for sustainability and for meeting our challenging targets.
What does the Sport Premium mean for our School?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. For example, to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
The DfE have outlined 5 key indicators across which schools should demonstrate an improvement.
- Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport
The governors at Nether Green Junior School are committed to providing high-quality PE and Sports opportunities to improve the offer to all of our children. This helps them develop healthy and active lifestyles, enjoyment of a wide variety of sports and offers all children the opportunity to participate in competitive sports. Please see below for details of the impact of this work.